Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 May 2016

Why Do You Read?

 26/5/2016


I ask myself " Why do you read?"
 From what I know is that people read to improve vocabulary, grammar,communication skills, creativity, imagination and bla da bla de bla.

I figured out why I read..well maybe. Its not for improving anything. Its the fact I feel lonely most of the time and reading makes me believe I have people...well fictional people thats what they are called.


Being the only child has always been a problem for me and probably will to be... I do have friends to whom I open up but to whom will I go when I need a shoulder to cry at the middle of the night? To whom will I go when my timid soul would want to feel a brotherly protectiveness? To whom will  go when all my friends are busy and I need to complain about it? Whom will I annoy to the most extent?


I always get the tiny bitter ache in my heart  when I see any siblings together... and then I am left with the desire of having a big brother so that I could hide under his protection or a small sister or brother whom I could protect.

 I was not a kid who wold come home and tell my parents all what happened in school, well I still am not that kind. Maybe its because of the fact  my parents had always been busy. I have trouble opening up but when I do, it always goes  the wrong path and I choose to keep all my stories within me.

I see families where the child is very close to their parents. I hear people when they tell me stories of them and their parents and how close and dear they are to each other..

There I so wish all my wishes.
" I wish I was as free with my mom. I wish I could tell them my secret. I wish they knew what was happening inside my head. I wish I could tell them I am upset and many more wishes..

How do I explain you when I tell that these fictional people in my books are less frictional than the non fictional people in this real world.
 
Many a times the stories I read has moms and dads and many a times, I feel they are my parents.. or maybe wish they were..
These fictional characters have become a very important part of my life. I love them and they love me, I talk to them and they talk to me, I tell them how I feel and they tell me "hey you are not alone, we are with you. We understand you and we are here to help and we will love you till the very end." They don't  judge me. They know how I feel.  They can see the potential in me when everyone can see absolute blank in me. They believe in me more than I believe in myself. Maybe I am imagining too much now..
Sometimes, it feels like I know them since i was very little and will continue to grow up with them.

Whatever it is, they are the best family I have.


Ophelia..




No comments:

Post a Comment